Ag Equipment Sales Representative
Avenue Machinery Corp & Douglas Lake Equipment Ltd, one of the largest Kubota, Fendt, & Agco dealers in Canada, are looking for an energetic self-starter to provide equipment solutions to our customers in the Chilliwack area.
Customers in the area include all agricultural-related farmers.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation plan, benefits, pension plan, and vehicle allowance program.
Travel and variable working hours will be required.
The Equipment Sales Representative, under the direction of the Abbotsford Sales Manager, will work with customers in the Chilliwack – Hope area. He/she will be responsible for maintaining professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner. This individual will maintain a high level of product and service knowledge. This role will also liaise with the various departments to ensure awareness of the incentives and promotions being offered.
- Adaptability – Adapts and responds to changing conditions, priorities, technologies, and
- Client/Customer Focus – Provides superior service to both internal and external customers.
- Communication – Expresses and transmits information with consistency and clarity.
- Judgement – Ability to use sound reasoning when faced with various issues. Has the ability to make quick, effective decisions.
- Negotiation – Gains support of ideas, proposals, and solutions from others; reaches deals and compromises on what will work best for the organization; considers other opinions while holding strong to firm directions and goals.
- Problem Solving – Able to break down a situation into smaller pieces to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solution.
- Results Orientation – Able to focus on desired outcomes, and the means by which they are achieved by meeting and or exceeding standards based on past performance, goals, and objectives, as well as the performance and/or achievements of others.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge
- Liaise with the various departments to ensure awareness of the incentives and promotions being offered
- Greet customers and discuss type, quality, and quantity of merchandise or services required
- Generate customer sales through cold calling and networking
- Promote sales to existing clients
- Develop reports and proposals as part of sales presentation to illustrate benefits from use of good or service
- Identify and solicit potential clientele
- Overcome objections of prospective customers
- Adapt communication style in order to deliver information effectively to a range of individuals
- Take orders from clients and prepare products for purchase
- Draw up sales agreements for approval of purchaser and seller
- Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competitor activities, and other research
- Develop and build relationships with new accounts and develop additional contacts within existing accounts
- Handle customer complaints as they arise, escalating to the appropriate individual as deemed necessary
- Keep up-to-date records on sales calls, customer contacts, and details of meetings in a timely manner in the format required
- Relay customer quality improvement suggestions for company products and services
- Conduct sales forecasts and weekly or monthly status reports
- Complete various sales reports
- Five to Seven years of related sales experience
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Proven sales ability with capability to meet and surpass targets and goals
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands
- Ability to quickly pick up new product and service knowledge, and communicate that knowledge effectively to customers
- Demonstrated time management skills
- Exceptional objection-handling skills
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Valid driver’s licence with a clean driving abstract
- High levels of stress and pressure
- Interaction with customers/clients, and the public at large
- Flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Occasional overtime
- Operation of desktop computer and peripherals
Acknowledgement and Agreement
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.