Agricultural Equipment Sales Manager – Lower Mainland Region
This position is responsible for driving sales to increase revenue, profits, and market share of Agricultural Equipment in the Fraser Valley and Greater Vancouver Regional District (GVRD). This individual is responsible for achieving quarterly/annual sales goals, developing distribution channels, building, and executing strategic business plans to achieve these goals.
This position is responsible for managing costs to achieve predetermined profit levels.
- Supervise and manage the sales and administration team.
- Ensure proper sales coverage and territory management to achieve forecasted equipment (new and used) sales and product support revenues.
- Utilize a comprehensive used equipment evaluation process, repair estimate, process, and re-marketing strategies to achieve equipment Turns and profitability objectives.
- Oversee the maintenance of our website to ensure proper equipment information and a proper re-marketing strategy is in force.
- Collaborate with other sales managers to control pricing and ensure inventory levels meet customer expectations.
- Gather market information as required (monthly forecasts, lost sale reports, customer call reports).
- Planning and monitoring annual sales budgets.
- Collaborate with other business units as necessary to drive efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Achieve acceptable market share performance set by OEM’s.
- Support the use of our CRM and quoting tools to monitor performance of sales representatives (e.g., closing ratios and market awareness).
- Ensure commission programs and bonuses are in line with corporate objectives.
- Encourage and support training and development for sales representatives.
- Gather input from the sales team (competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment) for strategic planning to share with management.
- Develop and implement strategies to acquire new customers.
- Participate in planning of special events to promote DLE brand and equipment sales.
- Conduct onsite evaluations of sales representatives and offer coaching and feedback along with formal reviews.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally.
- Other duties as required within the scope of the role and overall DLE objectives.
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Mediating and Negotiating
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in the related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience.
- 3 years of direct work experience in a senior management capacity or proven acumen.
- 5 years of minimum working experience in sales and/or marketing required.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Excellent management writing and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Strong communication skills in various platforms (email, phone, text, in-person)
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- Confident with decision making and providing direction
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and expenses.
- Computer literacy-Office products, Adobe, Email etiquette, PowerPoint
- Travel is required between the branch locations, and to customers
- Attend and conduct meetings, training, and other events
- Flexible schedule as needed to meet the demands of our customers
Acknowledgement and Agreement
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.