Precision Technology Technician and Support Specialist
The Precision Technology Technician and Support Specialist is a professional position that is ideal for a person who is interested in Precision Farming and a long-term career in the field of Precision Agriculture.
The Precision Farming technician will primarily support farmers and team members in Douglas Lake Equipment’s Grande Prairie territory. The Precision Technician will be responsible for installation, service, and support of Precision ag equipment – including Factory Fit, aftermarket and other farm related technical and digital solutions.
This individual will be based out of the Grande Prairie branch but will be expected to work in the field and remotely as required.
- Installation, set up and in field customer training of DLE an OEM and after market precision product portfolio. Including, but not limited to, GPS steering and guidance, flow and application, water management, connectivity and data related products.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical concerns on products and systems using electronic test equipment and the interpretation of fault codes
- Apply procedures and settings related to equipment repairs, preventive maintenance, as well as hydraulic, electrical and application performance
- Manage and deliver a positive customer / dealer experience by closely working with technical support personal, department managers on urgent issues.
- Communicate with customers and dealer support to troubleshoot the problems to quickly answer technical questions from , customers, or from DLE staff using personal knowledge, experience, and available reference sources
- Build, maintain and provide Technical Documents and Knowledge Articles for the use of both our customer/technicians in the field and Internal Personnel
- Assist sales staff with over all customer satisfaction and solution needs.
- Remain current on agricultural operational developments and evolving field practices through field contacts/visits, attending meetings and working with dealership technicians.
(Compensation offered will vary based on skills, experience, and qualifications for the role.)
- Minimum of a High School Diploma technical experience *Technical experience relating to diagnostics of mechanical, electrical (12 or 24 volt DC), hydraulic systems and knowledge of electronic test equipment. Strong communication and computer skills
- Previous experience within the agricultural industry and/or precision solutions knowledge
- Ability to build and foster relationships with dealership staff and customers.