Apprentice Technician – Surrey
The Apprentice Technician must be enrolled in Inter-provincial Journeyman Program. Responsibilities will include inspecting, conducting preventative maintenance, and repairs on the equipment DLE sales and services under the direction of Journeyman Technicians and the Service Manager/Supervisor.
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety – Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures. Trained on tooling and equipment used in the trade.
- Efficiency – Works to get results and share resources to promote customer service and efficiency. Is accountable for their time.
- Ownership – Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Problem Solving – Able to work in a systematic manner to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solutions.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed to provide value.
- Always adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment.
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency in repairing, maintaining and diagnosing equipment within scope of training.
- Adhere to company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and customer service.
- Trained in safe use of tools and machine operation for jobs assigned.
- Ensure paperwork applicable to the role and jobs performed is completed accurately and timely.
- Inform supervisor of materials/supplies needs and accurate parts ordering for jobs assigned.
- Take a proactive approach to preventative maintenance and selling DLE value.
- Perform or assist with administration duties, such as timesheet completion, inspections of equipment and technical support for others on the team.
- Attend training and share value with others on the team as required by the company.
- Keep abreast of technology as applicable to the role and as required by the company.
- Maintain a clean working area and/or clean service vehicle between tasks and at end of day.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Inter-Provincial Journeyman Program enrollment.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools required in various repair processes
- Knowledge of equipment and site safety
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read schematics, equipment manuals and use related software for diagnosis
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour
- Ability to work in a hot and humid, as well as a cold outdoor environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors and on active work sites
- Occasional high noise levels
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 40 kilograms
- Occasional travel
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Repetitive work
- Use of required personal protective equipment