Heavy Duty / Ag Technician, Apprentices and Journeyman – Grande Prairie
Douglas Lake Equipment Grande Prairie is your Premier Agricultural, Construction and Turf Equipment Dealer for New Holland, Salford, Hustler and Anderson products. We are proud to be the #1 choice for New Holland, Salford, Hustler and Anderson Equipment, Parts and Service in the Northern Alberta.
Douglas Lake Equipment in Grande Prairie is looking for a motivated, career-minded, professional individual to fill the role of Heavy Duty Apprentice technician position.
- Positive attitude towards duties, coworkers, and customers always.
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety – Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures. Trained on tooling and equipment used in the trade.
- Efficiency – Works to get results and share resources to promote customer service and efficiency. Is accountable for their time.
- Ownership – Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Problem Solving – Able to work in a systematic manner to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solutions, including use of technology such as computers and related software.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed to provide value.
- Customer Service – Proven ability in customer relations and ability to handle concerns with diplomacy and integrity.
- Perform service, repair, diagnostic and preventative maintenance procedures on heavy duty AG and Construction equipment.
- Competent use of related instruments, diagnostic software and computer systems.
- Accurately document on work orders all machine information, actions taken and time. Attention to detail.
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance.
- New Apprentices are welcome to apply.
- 1st year apprenticeship experience is an asset.
- Must have knowledge and competency of safe work procedures.
- Must have respect for company policies.
- Must be able to complete work while being environmentally friendly.
- Must be willing to work as a team member.
- Basic welding skills strongly recommended.
- Committed to customer service, service excellence with good communication skills to work effectively with customers, the service team and other branch personnel.
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade.
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors and on active work sites.
- Occasional high noise levels.
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 40 kilograms.
- Travel around lower mainland, occasionally further destinations with notice.
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment.
- Repetitive work.
- Use of required personal protective equipment.