Parts Person – Abbotsford
The Parts Person is responsible for delivering outstanding customer service and parts knowledge to internal and external customers. Parts People are required to respond to customer enquiries, aid with customer orders, coordinate product deliveries and efficiently find ways to source parts that are not kept within our inventory.
- Customer Focused
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Development and Continual Learning
- Prepare detailed invoices.
- Required to maintain the inventory and cleanliness of the inventory storage area.
- Handle parts requirements of customers through counter service and sales.
- Must be able to work 40+ hours, especially during the heavy season.
- Verify receiving shipments by checking order against packing list.
- Assist in keeping parts clean and shelf section area stocked and orderly.
- Follow-up on shortages and expedite through reporting to parts manager.
- Supply service technicians with parts ordered through parts requisition forms.
- Must be able to operate a forklift to move parts in and out of warehouse and parts department.
- Must be able to do heavy lifting of equipment parts and tools as required from time to time.
- Able to understand and comply with posted rules and procedures.
- Generate sales.
- Maintain a high level of customer service.
- Participate in merchandising and promotional activities.
- Ensure accuracy in all transactions, inventory, and procedures.
- Participate in all manner of store maintenance.
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience is required.
- Shipping and warehousing experience.
- Must have exceptional communication ability dealing with the public.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical devices, either industrial, Marine, or automotive is required.
- Ability to offer knowledgeable information to our customers via phone or in person.
- Knowledge of ordering, receiving, and stocking inventory is required.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s certificate.
- Travel may be required.
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50lbs may be required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- May be exposed to high levels of noise.