Red Seal Certified Heavy Duty Field Technician with AG Experience – Grande Prairie
Classification Level: Inter-provincial Journeyman status
Eligible for Overtime: Yes
Reports to: Service Manager/Lead Hand
The Service Technician is responsible for inspecting, conducting preventative maintenance, and repairs on the equipment DLE sells and services. The Service Technician will execute maintenance, diagnose complex problems and plan and execute repairs, ordering necessary parts and supplies as required. This individual will make recommendations based upon observed problems and or practical maintenance requirements when applicable. Other related duties such as diagnostics and more complex troubleshooting will be assigned as necessary. This position will ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency. This role will also adhere to company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery.
- Attention to Detail – Attends to details and pursues quality in the accomplishment of tasks, regardless of the volume of duties encountered.
- Commitment to Health and Safety – Works in compliance with all applicable health and safety legislation and established policies and procedures. Trained on tooling and equipment used in the trade.
- Efficiency – Works to get results and share resources to promote customer service and efficiency. Is accountable for their time.
- Ownership – Takes pride in the work that is accomplished and understands the function of tasks within the larger picture of the organization. Ensures deadlines are met and work is completed properly.
- Problem Solving – Able to work in a systematic manner to identify key issues and figure out cause and effect relationships in order to solve. Use logic and analytical methods to come to realistic solutions, including use of technology such as computers and related software.
- Teamwork – Works cooperatively and effectively with others to reach a common goal. Participates actively in group activities fostering a team environment.
- Time Management – Balances a myriad of tasks; prioritizes duties as needed to provide value.
- Adhere to established safe working procedures and wear the proper safety equipment at all times
- Ensure high standards of workmanship and efficiency in repairing, maintaining and diagnosing equipment within scope of training
- Adhere to company policies and standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, and customer service
- Trained in safe use of tools and machine operation for jobs assigned including computers and diagnostic software.
- Ensure paperwork applicable to the role and jobs performed is completed accurately and timely
- Inform supervisor of materials/supplies needs and accurate parts ordering for jobs assigned
- Take a proactive approach to preventative maintenance and selling DLE value
- Perform or assist with administration duties, such as timesheet completion, inspections of equipment and technical support for others on the team
- Attend training and share value with others on the team as required by the company
- Keep abreast of technology as applicable to the role and as required by the company
- Maintain a clean working area and/or clean service vehicle between tasks and at end of day
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Inter-Provincial Journeyman Status
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and tools required in various repair processes
- Knowledge of equipment and site safety
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read schematics, equipment manuals and use related software for diagnosis
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, and stand for long periods of time
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labour
- Ability to work in a hot and humid, as well as a cold outdoor environment
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team
- Exposure to hazards associated with the industry/trade
- Hazards associated with conducting work outdoors and on active work sites
- Occasional high noise levels
- Lifting, moving, or manipulating objects up to 40 kilograms
- Occasional travel
- Operation and use of necessary tools, machinery, or equipment
- Repetitive work
- Use of required personal protective equipment