Regional Sales Manager – Okanagan
The B.C. Okanagan Regional Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales to increase revenue, profits, and marketshare in the Avenue Machinery branches of Vernon and Kelowna. This individual is responsible for achieving quarterly/annual sales goals, developing distribution channels, building, and executing strategic business plans to achieve these goals.
- Time management.
- Adaptability / flexibility.
- Creative and innovative thinking.
- Decision making and judgment.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem solving.
- Results focus.
- Accountability and dependability.
- Ethics and integrity.
- Mediating and negotiating.
- Development and continual learning.
- Supervise and manage the sales and administration team.
- Ensure proper sales coverage and territory management to achieve forecasted equipment (new and used) sales and product support revenues.
- Utilize a comprehensive used equipment evaluation process, repair estimate, process, and re-marketing strategies to achieve equipment turns and profitability objectives.
- Collaborate with marketing to ensure proper equipment information and a proper re-marketing strategy is in force.
- Collaborate with other sales managers and/or regional managers to control pricing and ensure inventory levels meet customer expectations.
- Gather market information as required (monthly forecasts, lost sale reports, customer call reports).
- Planning and monitoring annual sales budgets.
- Collaborate with other business units as necessary to drive efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Achieve acceptable marketshare performance set by OEM’s.
- Support the use of our CRM and quoting tools to monitor performance of sales representatives (e.g., closing ratios and market awareness).
- Ensure commission programs and bonuses are in line with corporate objectives.
- Implement and support training and development for sales representatives.
- Gather input from the sales team (competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment) for strategic planning to share with management.
- Develop and implement strategies to acquire new customers.
- Participate in planning of special events to promote the DLE/Avenue brand and equipment sales.
- Conduct onsite evaluations of sales representatives and offer coaching and feedback along with formal reviews.
- Promote the mission and values of the organization both internally and externally.
- Other duties as required within the scope of the role and overall DLE objectives.
- Support growth and cost saving initiatives and drive efficiency.
- Communicate and support Company goals working with staff, employee relations, quality standards.
- Budgetary Compliance – capital purchases, justifications, labor review, G&A, audit proper fiscal restraint regarding expenses and revenue.
- Marketing – support team customer sales analysis, brand awareness, customer satisfaction, and revenue growth support.
- Responsibility for managing customer support at a corporate level within the branch.
- Enforce and support compliance with company standards for HR, policies, and safety.
- Work with corporate on cost management related to inspections, machine trades, or rental processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or College diploma in the related field, or an appropriate combination of education and practical experience.
- 3 years of direct work experience in a similar capacity or proven acumen.
- 5 years of minimum working experience in an operational capacity related to the role.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Excellent management writing and verbal communication skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Strong communication skills in various platforms (email, phone, text, in-person).
- Able to create realistic schedules and meet deadlines under stress and interruptions.
- Confident with decision making and providing direction.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and expenses.
- Technology & Computer literacy-Office products, Adobe, Email etiquette.
- Working both indoors and outdoors, and hours of work may vary as needed.
- Travel may be required between the local branch locations and is expected for customer visits.
- Attend and conduct meetings, training, and other events.
- Flexible schedule as needed to meet the demands of our customers.