The Shipper/Receiver ensures seamless processing of outgoing shipments and incoming items. The Shipper/Receiver understands the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
- Customer Focus
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Maintain filing of shipping documents.
- Prepare and schedule shipments as assigned.
- Schedule transportation needs with different carriers/couriers.
- Maintain inventory controls with stock location orders, printing request, recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
- Assisting in yearly physical inventory counts.
- Sort and organize materials on racks, shelves or in bins according to organizational standards.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of shipments.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Create purchase requisitions and obtain approval prior to placing supply orders.
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Follow current standards and procedures.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet areas, and workstations neat; sweeping and dusting as required.
- Make deliveries with a company vehicle as assigned.
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in delivery area
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Online shipping, tracking and receiving experience utilizing FedEx, UPS, Purolator and DHL.
- Working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments.
- Ability to weigh and measure items.
- Working knowledge of safe packing methods.
- Demonstrated ability to operate material handling equipment including forklift truck.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Travel may be required
- Overtime as required.
- Lifting or moving up to 50 lbs may be required.
- Hazards associated with the trade.
- May be exposed to high levels of noise.
Acknowledgement and Agreement
The above description reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and will not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Employees may perform other related duties and tasks as required to meet the needs of the operation.